- On October 2nd, the Battle of Gonzales is waged and the War of Texas Independence begin.
- On October 9th, the Battle of Goliad takes place and ends with a victory for Texas.
- On March 1st, the Convention of 1836 begins meeting to sign a new constitution and form a new government.
- On March 2nd, the Texas Declaration of Independence is adopted.
- On March 6th, the Battle of Alamo is lost by Texas and becomes a rallying cry for the continued struggle for Independence.
- On March 27th, the Goliad Massacre takes place in which General Santa Ana orders execution of 400 surrendered Texans.
- On April 21st, Texans under Sam Houston soundly defeat General Santa Ana at the Battle of San Jacinto. This victory secured Texas Independence.